Web Development 201
Web Development 201 - Server-side programming with Ruby on Rails is the second course in the set of 3 Industry-led courses built by Freshworks and Pupilfirst to skill students in the area of web development.
The objective of this course is to teach students how to build SaaS web applications using the Ruby on Rails framework, with focus on industry-practices like object-oriented design, programming style guides, security, and version control.
Essential programming foundation (any language). Ideally, students should have completed Web Development 101, before beginning this course.
By the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Build SaaS web applications using Rails
- Manipulate data using both imperative and functional programming techniques
- Model real-world systems using object-oriented design
- Write HTML & CSS to create elegant web pages
- Build database applications using ActiveRecord
The students would have built fundamental first-principles based knowledge about web development and the practical chops to use them to build real-world software. They would also have learnt what it is to work in a professional software environment, helping build a strong foundation for their transition to the industry as competent professionals.
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.